Welcome! I go by "v.Richard" and do everything here - all 300+ pages.
I see you've reached Modemsite by searching for modem driver. You're probably in a hurry to find a modem driver - but, before we get to that, please read the next paragraph!
Why do you want a modem driver? If you're having installation, connectivity, disconnect, speed issues, etc., there are other important factors you need to consider and check. If your modem is working at all now, please at least get some benchmarks and investigate the true nature of your current connection! The pages on this site will show you what to do and how, but you'll have to spend a little more time than you might have planned.
NO? Just interested in a driver: Modem Drivers Main Page
But, if you're still reading - here are some suggestions:
- Do you know what kind of chipset your modem has? (See Chipsets.)
- Do you know who actually made your modem? (See Who Made My Modem?)
- Do you know about Windows Modemlog? (See Modemlog.)
Do you know that Modemlog's report of driver version is not your modem's driver version?
- Do you know what modem driver version you do have?
Do you know how to use Hyperterminal? (See Hyperterminal) You can make test calls, as well as get your modem's driver version using Hyperterminal. (See Using Hyperterminal)
- Do you know that many modems may try to connect at too high a speed, which may cause disconnects, and other problems? This is often corrected by Limiting Your Connect Speed.
- Have you made sure your DUNS Connectoid settings are correct?
- Can you distinguish between a modem problem, and a problem beyond the modem?
- Are you getting any DUNs Errors?
- Do you have a 56k-compatible line? If you don't, you should disable 56k - no driver can change your line.
- Would you like to see what speeds others get and have to say about the various modems? See 56k Modem Survey.
- Want to know more about the new V.92/V.44 modems? See V.92 Overview, News, ISPs and Survey.
Oh - and, if you want what I think is a really good brand new modem - check out the Modemsite DSP and Modemsite Softmodems.
Other suggested starting places:
Slower Speeds May be Faster!
Throughput - not connect speed - is what matters
Windows XP & Modems
I hope Modemsite will be helpful to you. And I hope you'll consider supporting this site with a Premium Access Subscription that provides you with faster, ad-free access, and subscriber-only content and downloads. Modemsite.com is an independent information-loaded site and I don't sell (or advertise) any modems. You get my honest opinions, and useful information to help you get the best speed possible out of your modem.
IF YOU GET STUCK and have a modem-related question or problem that you can't resolve, check out Modemsite's Bulletin Board: Forum56.com. Most questions get a helpful, prompt response.
v.Richard, Publisher, Webmaster, Programmer, and everything else.*
* Modemsite, under almost constant update, would be impossible to do without the contribution of information and feedback from all sorts of people all over the world.